Thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) are a unique class of polymer materials which combine the elastomer properties of thermoset rubbers with the processing efficiency of plastics. TPEs are high performance and versatile materials, either used on their own or overmolded to provide tactile or functional features on components molded from other polymers such as PP, PE, ABS, PC, SMMA, POM, and Nylon.
Features of Maxelast® TPEs:
• Soft, flexible feel
• Excellent grip characteristics
• Overmolding over various plastics
• Good compression set
• Low specific gravity
• Easy to process and color
• Extrusion, injection and blow moldable
• Translucent and clear grades available
• Flame retardant grades
• FDA compliant and medical grades available
Many Maxelast® TPEs products also meet or exceed applicable requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL); the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA); as well as specifications set out by other governmental, regulatory, industrial agencies plus automotive OEMs. Give us a call at (734) 710-6700 or Contact Us to explore your needs.